Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'M GOING BLIND!!

I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to organize my computer.  I have "stuff" sprayed all over the place and half of the time, I can't find what I'm looking for or it takes me way to much time searching for it.  I have a new Mac computer and I am experiencing quite a learning curve - to say the least.  I suppose it will all fall into place eventually but today was a blinding experience!!

On top of that adventure, I have spent the day trying to organize myself.  I say "trying" because I seriously think I am suffering from SADD - senior attention deficit disorder:O)  I start doing one thing then ten minutes later, I'm off on another project.  One minute I am taking pictures of my jewelry, the next minute I'm cleaning my studio, and from out of nowhere - I'm now on my computer.  I need to start a list and follow it - that's the only answer I can think of.  Any suggestions?

I'm kind of in a funk today anyway.  My class is having our 50th class reunion July 1st and I can't attend.  We have never had a reunion in all of these years and now I can't go!!  Why, you ask.  Because John and I are leaving on a 2 month RV trip in our Airstream Trailer June 27th.  We are headed to Camp Perry, Ohio again for his shooting competition.  We will be visiting friends along the way and when he is finished, we will go spend a few days with Dave and family.  I'm looking forward to that part but will miss not re-connecting with my classmates after all of these years.  I'm putting together a goodie bag to send to each of them and I'm going to include one of those cheap, disposable cameras.  I'm thinking that they will take lots of pictures for me and mail the cameras back so I can develop them and enjoy the moment that way.  I am planning a trip to Idaho next year sometime and hopefully will be able to connect with some of them at that time.  I love Idaho and there is so much beauty to be enjoyed there that I think it will be a great trip.

Here is a project that I'm working on.  I've been playing with these two pieces of sterling for weeks and just can't seem to come up with a good idea.  I think I am on the right track now and will be working with it some more tonight.  What do you think?  Any design ideas for me?

IMAG0952.jpg
I am going to add silver balls along the right side of the oval where you see the black dots.  I am just trying to thing of some other way to connect the 2 pieces other than a jump ring......HELP
The silver was hand etched with a random pattern, but I see a coyote howling in the top piece and the swirl pattern is his tail - ok, maybe I have a big imagination but it looks like that to me:O)

Just received an email from a dear friend in Dayton, OH.  She already has a party planned for us when we arrive July 3/4.  We have several military friends in the area so it will be a good time.  Can't wait to see them.  I miss our military days.  We had a wonderful career and made the best friends in the world.  On a sadder note, I also received an email from John's secretary - when he was on active duty at Edwards AFB, CA - that another dear friend is in serious condition in the hospital.  No one seems to know what the problem is but she on a feeding tube and being given radiation.  It has something to do with her throat, and I hate to say this, but she has been a lifetime smoker.....Please say lots of prayers for her comfort and recovery.  I am just sick about this news;o(

Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough now, I need to refocus and get something done before it gets dark.  Thanks for reading and if you have a minute, I would love to have your feedback on this piece of mine.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are important to me and I appreciate your time.