Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Been a Long Dry Spell

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since my last post.  I will admit, I have been busy.  I got myself in over my head this spring and signed up for 4 art/mentoring courses.  I loved each and every one of them but really, there are only so many hours in a day.  I've always said that if we didn't require sleep and food, we'd have more time for the more fun things in life.  I know, eating can be fun, but let's face it, it can also take a lot of time to prepare, consume and clean up.

I mean, really, I'd rather be playing with fire-like in torch fired enamel.  This was one of the course I just completed.  Barbara Lewis and her fabulous book, Torch Fired Enamel just captivated me and I had to learn how to do it.  Here is her website:  http://www.paintingwithfireartwear.com.  Check it out, you will be glad you did:O)  Her class is online and it is well worth your time if you are interested in this sort of thing.  I personally love it and most recently placed an order to China for 16000 iron beads........did I say I LOVE it.  Well, I didn't realize how many beads I had ordered until the order had been submitted and I was a bit frazzled at first.  Once I told my torchy friends what I had done, they all placed orders with me.  You see, these beads are hard to come by in the states and if you do find them, they are expensive.  Whew, I think I might survive this online order yet:O)

Well, I have so much to tell you but it is late and I need to go get this sleep thing over with for another night.  Until I can figure out how to survive without it, I am forced to comply.

Cheers my little chickadees and thanks for stopping by.  Please leave me a little comment to make me feel like someone is reading my ramblings once in a while, I'd love you for it, really I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are important to me and I appreciate your time.